Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Skin-ny Dip?

Dear SL Gods,

Hellooo up there! I have a lil problem... my new tattoo skins aren't really selling...I sold very few *sigh* In fact, I only really made sales of my initial "Tasty Skins" during the first couple of days after the release. I know that the quality is very good and comparable to other successful skins out there, and I've received great feedback from friends and peers in the SL community, so I'm not sure what's wrong. I advertised in the forum, I got great reviews from the gals at PXP...

1. Are they overpriced?
2. Is there more I can do to market them better?
3. Are there other types of skins that would be more popular?
4. Should I give up on skins, and focus more on clothes?
5. Should I just finish the giant cat head condo I've been tinkering with?
6. Do I need to make a sacrificial offering to the SL Gods? Like my sock monkey doll? *cries*

The skins are just so dang time-intensive to make, I don't want to make more if they're not going to sell :-( Please help!

Signed,
Discouraged

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love my tasty skin. I do have to admit that I favor my paw printed one the most. Eventually I wanna beg you for the entire caramel collection paw printed. :p Honestly though in my opinion the skin is somewhat over priced as opposed to the averages out there (700-1000L) but the quatily is very good. I always ask myself "As a nooblet what was it that I could of afforded?" That's why my gestures are cheaply priced. Of course you cannot compare gestures to skins as much more time & effort go into skins. Hang in there Posy. Word of mouth is a great thing. :) Kisses

Anonymous said...

I have yet to be on SL long enough and stable enough to come get the, BUT I AM GOING TO!!

You know I own almost ALL of your skins, I don't think they are overpriced, persay, but maybe you could try dropping them in a kinda sale for a week or two, see how they sell and if they sell more, you know that you maybe need to drop the price a lil?

MAKE SOME MORE DAMMIT!

Thankee XD

Noam said...

1) No sacrificing you and Don's love monkey.

2) What's your pricing, maybe it is a little high?

3)Every single girl I know on my friend's list has talked about how much they love your skins but they are broke atm.

4)You could take out one of those green hand anouncement thingies in SL to get more attention for them.

Hrmm, you could make a little billboard thingy with people wearing your skins to promote them?

I suck at this, the only reason I get sales is because of Second-man.com and that's not somethng that would cater to you. >_<

Noam said...

PS- My rats don't sell but I keep making them! I love them so much T^T. Sometimes you should just make stuff for you.

Posy Trudeau said...

Woo! Thank you all for the great advice...I KNEW this was the right crowd to ask :D Hmmm..the trick is to lower the price without de-valuing them. Maybe I'll announce new pricing with my next release *drumroll*...I'm going to work on an eyeliner series (taking Noam and Willow's advice) with crisp eyeliner styles on non-tattooed skins. *dives into Photoshop*

Posy Trudeau said...

PS Noam...I love your ratties too :-)