Thursday, March 08, 2007

Second Life Relay for Life





In case you haven't heard, The Block has formed a team for the Second Life Relay for Life; we're called "The Block Party!" It's a chairity event to raise money for the American Cancer Society.

This subject really hits home for me because both my best friend and my mother were diagnosed with breast cancer in the past year. My best friend had a double-mastectomy, and went through chemotherapy and ratiation therapy... I was truly amazed at her spirit and positive outlook during the ordeal. She's in remission now and is doing great!!!

My mother had a lumpectomy along with radiation therapy and is doing great too! Yay! Thanks to medical advances and technology out there, these 2 very important women in my life continue to be in my life, and enrich it every day.

Well... I was inspired to make some wristcuffs to help raise money for the cause; 100% of the proceeds will go the SLRFL. I wanted to include sayings on the cuffs that might be meaningful to the wearer.

"Relay for Life" To wear in support of this impactful chairity event.
"Fight for Life" To wear in support of the fight against cancer.
" In Memory of Life" To wear in memory of a loved one lost to cancer.
"Celebrate Survivors" To wear in celebration of loved ones who have survived cancer.

I will be wearing the "Celebrate Survivors" cuffs for my mom and friend :-)

Check them out and please support this very worthy cause in any way you can.

Miau for now!

2 comments:

Donovan Brennen said...

They turned out really great. And all in aid of a great cause! :D

Unknown said...

They are great!