Friday, February 16, 2007

Multitasking in SL


I don't know if any of you have had this problem... well, most of you who read my blog are content creators with lots on your plates, so I'm sure you have... but I've been trying to multitask like crazy lately, and I feel like I'm spreading myself too thin at times.

Take last night for example... I was on Skype with Donovan... starting an IM to this guy who's making our wedding bands (he hasn't delivered them, and has been. until now ignoring mine and Donovan's IMs to him)... and doing Noam a favor by testing the scripting on the sweat wristband he just made. Well, the wedding band vendor, who we'll now call the "Sheister" has decided to come out of hiding and finally discuss the wedding bands with me... I'm testing Noams wristband at the same time, and trying to tell Donovan what the Sheister is telling me. One part of my brain is going "duuude! what a cool wristband Noam made!"... the other part of my brain is going "holy shit! I can't believe what this fucking Sheister ring guy is telling me!" I'm starting to cry because this idiot is making me sooooo angry I'm beginning to tear up, and thank goodness Donovan is on Skype trying to calm me down and make me feel better. Well, I finally finished IMing with the dick-head, and when I sent Noam the IM that the sweat band was working... he was... was... offline :-( I felt so bad... I would have MUCH RATHER been chatting with Noam than this idiot... and Noam asks me so few favors... I'm sure Noam will understand, but I still feel bad *sigh*

On the other hand... during the last Block Party... Donovan was DJing, and I was trying to chat with him a bit in IM (we can't Skype while he's DJing). Well... dang it! he wasn't answering me for long time, and I was getting all sensitive and upset at him, and... and... well, we'll just leave it at that. I KNEW that he was probably bombarded with IMs for requests, and taking the time it takes to get them ready and play them, and chatting with the crowd. I definitely should have been way more understanding with Donovan, knowing that he was juggling so many things.

I dunno... I was just thinking a lot about this, so I wanted to get it all out... right here... on my blog :-) I guess I really need to work on how to handle everything that's on my growing plate AND to be more understanding of other people's plates.

Okay, I'm feeling a little "verklempt" now *presses her hand against her chest*... "Multitasking"... discuss amongst yourselves...

Miau for now! ^.^

4 comments:

Arbel Vogel said...

Awwww hun! *hugs!*

I am SO not great with multitasking, especially juggling multiple IMs, or I'm AFK working on PS and someone messages me and I don't realize that I got one until SL automatically logs me off. But I think as long as people tell you what's going on, feelings won't be as badly hurt, most likely they'll understand...

And FINALLY that asshole talked to you, even though it sounds it didn't go well. WHAT HE SAID?! I'll kick his conning ass! >:(

Posy Trudeau said...

Okay Arbel...you take one butt-cheek and I'll take the other! :D

Keala Mimistrobell said...

Awww... I know exactly what you mean about multitasking... grrr.

Noam said...

You just made a Coffee talk SNL reference hehehe.

It's fine P. I was stressing a little that I broke my script but not at all like "OMGZ Posy didn't respond and I am doooooooooooomed."

I went to my store and Rudra was there to test it, Trinitee was on to test it too. I was just collecting people to make sure it wasn't a lag issue.

But yeah multitasking...
I totally don't do it. :-D