Yep... I knew it was only a matter of time for me to get tagged by this bloggy chain letter thingy (thank you Ryan!) I've been having so much fun reading other people's lists, so here goes!
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. If you haven't noticed yet, I'm a cat person (duh!) Yes, I do have a special voice I use when talking to my cats, Stewie and Daisy... it's a higher pitch than my normal speaking voice, but they LOVE it ^^ No, I do not have little tea parties with my cats (well, not yet anyway).
2. I'm a HUGE movie buff and have a really wide range of taste in movies... I like any genre, as long as the movie is done well and has a great story. I can watch a chick flick one day like "Pride and Prejudice" and the next day watch "Aliens" and enjoy both movies immensely.
3. On the subject of movies... of all the scary movies I've watched, the scariest was "The Mothman Prophesies" I don't know if it's because it's supposed to be based on true events, or what... but it gave me the heebie-jeebies. I had to sleep with a little light on at night for weeks after I saw it and was totally scared to take the trash out at night.
4. My favorite book? "To Kill a Mockingbird" I also love the old black-and-white movie with Gregory Peck... it's magical.
5. I used to be a voracious reader when I was younger, but now I'm kinda lazy about it and discovered books on tape/CD (my first was "Silence of the Lambs" when I drove by myself to Las Vegas from LA). I guess I love having someone read a book to me, especially if they're really good and its a great story... some faves? "The Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinbeck and "A Dangerous Fortune" by Ken Follett.
6. I have this habit of eating the exact same thing at certain meals for weeks at a time... then I get burned out and move onto another thing.
7. Okay, some of you may groan at this one, but I'm a reality show junkie (it's my guilty pleasure). I'm usually pretty choosy about the reality shows I watch... "Top Chef" and "Project Runway" are awesome... I love seeing the creative process and how their projects turn out at the end. But I AM guilty of watching some of the cheesy ones too lately, like "Rock of Love" where Bret Michaels has a house full of needy girls who want be his girlfriend, and "The Pick Up Artist" with that lame guy "Mystery" who tries to teach geeks how to pick up women. I dunno... it just entertains me.
8. I collect vintage pottery from the 40s and 50s... mostly vases in blue and green tones, or figurine-type kitchy planters. I also have quite a few figurines which were made in Occupied Japan, my favorites being cowgirls (which are very hard to find!) I'm running out of room, so I've started collecting smaller and smaller things... so now I'm collecting vintage marbles.
Oh man, now I have to tag other people. I think most of the people I know have been tagged already, and I'm not sure if anyone reads my blog any more. Hmmm... I'll try tagging Haver Cole, Saeya Nyanda, Menno Ophelia, Vas Legend, Disembodied Hand, Zabitan Assia, Dragontat Zagato, and of course, Donovan Brennen <3